Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Question Formation Technique

I went to the GAFE Summit last weekend and went to a session led by Roni Habib.  The focus was on getting kids to lose their inhibitions about formulating questions and just go for it.  It was great and I immediately began thinking about how I could use this with my students.  We have recently embarked on a unit on pollution and I was really wanting my students to think about the impact of pollution on the environment and ask some thought provoking questions that could lead them to a research activity.  The method he shared with us was perfect.  I did it with my students today and the majority of them were focused, followed my directions and came up with some really insightful questions.  Here is a link to the presentation I used.  Before I began the activity I had them get in groups and (as a group) act out being a car, a plane and a zoo.  This got them warmed up to work with the group before they set to work on the tough stuff.  Looking forward to what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment